Isabel Ross Abbott papers
Call Number: AMS-1U-A4
The personal papers of Author Isabelle Ross Abbott consist of seminars, publications, speeches, correspondence and photographs from various travels. This collection ranges in dates from 1925 to 1987.
Access to the collection
There are no restrictions on access, except that the collection can only be seen by prior appointment. Some materials may be stored off-site and cannot be produced on the same day on which they are requested.
Use of the materials
Researchers are advised that express written permission to reproduce, quote, or otherwise publish any portion or extract from this collection must be obtained from the Brown University Library. Although Brown University has physical ownership of the collection and the materials contained therein, it does not claim literary rights. It is up to the researcher to determine the owners of the literary rights and to obtain any necessary permissions from them.
Organization of the Collection
This collection is organized into 14 series:
- Series I. Dissertation and related correspondence, 1924-1948
- Series II. Articles, Book Reviews and related correspondence, 1937-1975
- Series III. Graduate study, 1925-1930
- Series IV. Teaching, circa 1925-1970
- Series V. Speeches and Articles, circa 1959-1970
- Series VI. Professional Organizations, 1951-1987
- Series VII. Correspondence, 1927-1987
- Series VIII. Travel, 1927-1985
- Series IX. Appointment calendars, 1959-1986
- Series X. Cash Books, 1921-1947
- Series XI. Grade Books, 1923-1968
- Series XII. Personal Papers, 1910-1947
- Series XIII. Memorabilia, 1926-1970
- Series XIV. Slides and Photographic Negatives, 1949-1986
25 Linear Feet
- The Isabelle Ross Abbott Papers
- Brown University Library staff
- 15 January 2013
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Processing funded by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.